Once you are confirmed in a study abroad program, ASU Financial Aid and Scholarship Services can adjust your ASU budget to the program costs. Below are key points on how your financial aid can be adjusted.
- Federal, state and institutional grants and New American University scholarships will not be increased.
- Student Direct Loans (subsidized/unsubsidized) may be increased if you have not already borrowed your maximum annual eligibility.
- If you are a dependent undergraduate student, your parent can apply for the Parent PLUS Loan or apply for an increase to the Parent PLUS Loan.
- If you are a graduate student, you can apply for the Grad PLUS Loan or apply for an increase to the Grad PLUS Loan.
- You may apply for a Private Education Loan. Visit Private Student Loans for instructions on how to apply and information regarding disbursement.
It's also recommended that you visit the Study Abroad
website for information on:
- Financing Your Study Abroad workshops
- Financing Your Study Abroad Handbook
- Study Abroad Office Travel Grant
- ASU departmental scholarships for study abroad
- partnership scholarships
- private donor scholarships
- raising money for your program