As a student, you cannot accept the Parent PLUS Loan on your parent's behalf. To accept the Parent PLUS Loan, you and your parent must complete the steps below.
Student Step 1: Grant your parent access
Give your parent My ASU Parent Guest Access
. Go to My ASU and click on the Profile
tab. In the My ASU Parent Guest Access Permissions
box, click the Add a Guest
link. Detailed instructions can be found here
. Make sure you grant your parent access to Manage Parent PLUS Loans
and provide your parent with the validation code you receive.
Parent Step 2: Activate your My ASU Parent Guest Access
Your parent will receive an email invitation to My ASU Parent Guest Access
which will contain a link to the My ASU Parent Guest Activation page. After your parent clicks the link, they will enter the validation code from step one and complete the activation process. Detailed instructions can be found here
Parent Step 3: Accept the Parent PLUS Loan
Your parent will log in to My ASU, Guest Access tab, with their own parent ASURITE UserID and click on the Accept Parent PLUS Loan link.
- If you have more than one student attending ASU, make sure you are viewing the correct student.
- Make sure all the information on the form is correct (i.e., spelling of your name, your Social Security number, your date of birth, and your citizenship status). Incorrect information will lead to delays and could result in your loan application being denied.
- Enter the amount that you would like to borrow for the academic year (i.e., fall and spring).
- You will receive approval or denial information in the mail from the U.S. Department of Education within two weeks.
- For all questions regarding your credit check, including credit criteria, please call 800-557-7394.
- For video instructions, visit How to Accept a Parent PLUS loan.
Parent Step 4: Submit important parent loan documents
Complete your Parent PLUS Loan Master Promissory Note online at studentaid.gov
. Click the Log In
link in the upper right-hand corner to enter your (the parent's) FSA ID and password. Click on Complete Loan Agreement (Master Promissory Note)
and choose PLUS MPN for Parents
by clicking on Start
. ASU will receive confirmation of PLUS MPN completion in three to five business days.
- The parent who applies for and obtains the Parent PLUS Loan, is the only parent who should complete the Parent PLUS MPN.
- If you previously borrowed a Federal Direct Parent PLUS Loan at ASU, you do not need to complete another MPN unless a financial endorser (i.e., co-signer) was required at the time of application. If an endorser was required, you must complete another PLUS MPN with the endorser.
If additional parent loan documents are required (i.e., parent loan default resolution, parent eligible noncitizen documentation), a Financing Task will appear on My ASU and an email will be sent.
Related Article: Can I Send in a Letter to Accept My Parent PLUS Loan?Need additional help?
Access 24/7 live chat, create a case from My ASU Service Center
or call 855-278-5080.