Follow these steps to set your Google IMAP, POP, and Chat account:
- Open up a web browser and navigate to the ASU Gmail for ASU POP/Chat Password website.
- If you have not signed into My ASU prior, then the ASU Authentication page will display. Sign in using your ASURITE ID and password.
- Once you have successfully signed in, it will display the following page below.
- This is where you can set your new Google password for ASU IMAP, POP, and Chat. Keep in mind that this password is not connected with your ASURITE password and they do not sync with each other. Your password may contain any combination of characters, with a minimum of 6. This page also provides you with a strength indicator for your new password. Once you have selected an adequate password click on the Set Password button.
- Once the password has been successfully set, you will receive the notification below.
Need additional help?
- After following these instructions, if you are unable to setup your device or application, your account may have been locked. For instruction on how to unlock your account, review How to Unlock Your Google IMAP, POP, and Chat Account.
Access 24/7 live chat, create a case from your My ASU Service Center
or call 855-278-5080.