All international students on an F-1 or J-1 student visa must submit a financial guarantee form to Student Business Services (SBS) and the International Students and Scholars Center (ISSC).
The financial guarantee serves as a contract between you, your sponsor and ASU and allows ASU to bill your sponsor the tuition and fees agreed upon in the document. Your financial guarantee must be valid at all times.
When you receive a financial guarantee from your sponsor, whether for the first time or a new/updated version, follow the steps below:
1. Submit your financial guarantee to ISSC. Upload a PDF version of the form using the Financial Guarantee eForm:
- Go to issc.asu.edu/eforms
- Select the self-service portal
- The eForm is located under the Sponsored Student menu on the left
2. Submit your financial guarantee to Student Business Services.
The validity of your new financial guarantee will be reviewed by ISSC and Student Business Services. If there are issues with your financial guarantee, you will be contacted by email. If your financial guarantee is accepted, your tuition and fees will be billed to your sponsor. Check the Finance tab on your My ASU profile to see your student account information.
For more information regarding your responsibilities as they relate to the financial guarantee process, please review the Financial Guarantee section of the International Sponsored Students website.