The FAFSA opens on Oct. 1 of each year. For the 2024-2025 academic year only, the FAFSA will be available by Dec 31, 2023. Because of the delay in the FAFSA open date, ASU has updated their priority submission date to March 1 for the 2024-2025 academic year. Submit your FAFSA early to maximize the amount of aid you receive. Eligible students who apply by this date have a greater chance of receiving need-based aid. The priority filing date is not a deadline, so still submit your FAFSA even if the priority filing date has passed.
In order to be considered for campus-based funds, institutional grants, Federal Pell Grants, and Direct Loans, ASU should have a valid FAFSA and all verification documents prior to the student’s last day of attendance (LDA).
- Direct Loans must be accepted by the student's LDA to qualify for disbursement as published on the Financial Aid Calendar.
- The Master Promissory Note (MPN) and Loan Entrance Counseling must be completed within 180 days of the student's LDA or by the close of an aid year (i.e., September), whichever comes first.
If ASU has a valid FAFSA by a student's LDA, but the student did not submit all verification documents by their LDA:
- The student has 120 days from their LDA or by the close of an aid year (i.e., September), whichever comes first, to submit all verification documents and be considered for the Federal Pell Grant only.
- To be considered for institutional grants, the student or staff may seek approval from management.
If verification is not completed before the applicable deadline:
- Federal student aid is forfeited, and
- Any previously paid subsidized federal student aid for the payment period must be returned (i.e., selected for verification after disbursement and student did not submit required documentation)
For additional information, contact Financial Aid and Scholarship Services
. Please note, you must complete a FAFSA every year in order to qualify for most aid programs.Related Article: What are the consequences for failing to submit verification documents to financial aid?Need additional help?
Access 24/7 live chat, create a case from My ASU Service Center
or call 855-278-5080.