To receive a Federal Teacher Education Assistance for College and Higher Education Grant, you must meet the following requirements:
- Meet the general eligibility requirements for federal student aid programs.
- Complete a FAFSA each year that you desire a Federal TEACH Grant.
- Be admitted as an undergraduate, post baccalaureate or graduate student.
- Be enrolled in a Federal TEACH Grant eligible program.
- Meet certain academic achievement requirements (i.e., maintain a 3.25 or higher GPA; scoring above the 75th percentile on one or more portions of a college admission test).
- Receive online TEACH Grant counseling that explains the terms and conditions of the TEACH Grant service obligation. You must complete counseling each year that you receive a Federal TEACH Grant.
- Sign a TEACH Grant Agreement to Serve. By signing the Agreement to Service, you agree to these terms and conditions and acknowledge that if you do not fulfill the service obligation described in the agreement, the TEACH Grant funds you received will be converted to a loan that you must repay.
Additional information can be found on the Federal Student Aid