Search by Category

Campus Services
Can't find what you need?
Contact Us
Knowledge Base  

What if my address changed since I filed my tax return and it doesn't match IRS records when I use Get Transcript by Mail?

« Go Back


Functional GroupFinancial Aid
If your address has changed since you have filed your tax return and it does not match IRS records when you use Get Transcript by Mail or the automated phone transcript service at 1-800-908-9946, do not use your old address. The transcript will not get forwarded to you.

You need to file IRS Form 8822 Change of Address before you submit the IRS Form 4506-T or IRS Form 4506T-EZ. Generally, it takes four to six weeks to process a change of address.

For more information, visit IRS Get Transcript FAQs.


Was this article helpful?